We all love our dogs and want to be able to take them absolutely everywhere with us, but sometimes their little paws need help so they can keep up with us during our adventures.
Dog paws can handle a lot (most dogs go through their lives completely barefoot, after all), but sometimes our dogs need protection from harsh terrains, climates, and temperatures with a nice set of shoes to safely stay by our sides.
Don’t want your pooch tracking mud into the house after a rainy day walk?
Got a pampered poodle who doesn’t like to get his paws wet?
Do you live in the concrete jungle of a sunny state and have to chase shady spots during your walk?
Is your dog begging to come along on your snowy hiking trip?
Is your older pooch having trouble gaining traction on your floors inside?
Don’t want to risk your pup’s paws with what’s at the bottom of the river?
Then look into getting your dog their very own pair of shoes.
How We Chose Our Ratings
Material, durability, functionality, size availability, cost, and aesthetic appeal all tied in to our dog shoe rankings.
Shoes that could handle more types of weather in an all-purpose style were more eye-catching than those designed for one specific climate condition.
The cheaper the better, without sacrificing quality, of course.
And who wouldn’t want their pooch walking around with pretty twinkle toes? While not a major factor, dog booties with more style and flair to them surpassed the everyman’s black dog bootie.
Top 3 Best Pro Pet Supplies Dog Shoes
Even if you’re just an everyday dog-walker you might want to buy your pup some shoes.
If you set the back of your hand down on the sunny concrete and have to pull it away in pain, then it’s too hot for your pup’s pretty little toes to be walking on. To walk at those times of day, your dog could use some shoes.
Try one of these sets from Pro Pet Supplies:
- Molded rubber bottom: durable and waterproof
- Elastic straps with reflective tape for safely walking at night
- Machine washable
- SIZING : Measure your dog's paw from the heel to the nails. If your dog's feet are the same as the boot size, consider ordering one size larger.
These practical, efficient, and ethical dog shoes come in red or blue and they won’t let you down.
The Pro Pet Supplies' Performance Boots have molded rubber soles for durability and protection. The heat won’t bother your pup’s paws through that rubber, and you also won’t have to worry about them stepping on anything that’ll hurt or get stuck in their paw pads. They’re also waterproof and machine washable – super convenient. They’ll serve your dog’s paws well on your outdoor adventures.
You put the boots on with the elastic velcro straps, wrapped around twice to keep those puppies from falling off of your pup. The straps are covered with a strip of reflective tape to keep your dog safe during night walks.
Sizes include extra-small, small, medium, and large. Prices range from around $ to $$ depending on the size and where you buy the shoes.
For sizing, measure your dog’s paw from the heel to the tip of the nails. If your pup’s feet end up measuring the same size as the shoe, it’s probably best to order a size up.
These booties aren’t the best choice for folks who own an extra-large dog, as the large size won’t cut it for, say, massive st. bernard paws.
Ethical, practical, and great for smaller dogs, Pro Pet Supplies’ Extreme All-Weather Boots come in sizes extra-small, small, medium, and large.
Again, these boots don’t serve larger dogs very well, but reviews particularly praise their quality with smaller dogs.
There’s a velcro strap to keep your dog from kicking his boots off, and there’s reflective tape on the top of the shoe to keep your dog’s paws visible and safe in the night.
They’re not waterproof – they get damp inside during use, but reviewers say they clean fairly easily. To clean, you should wipe down the dog shoes with a damp cloth.
They’re definitely for more casual use in muddy, wet, or snowy backyard potty breaks or short walks. Harsh or extended use will make them fall apart.
Prices range from $ to $$ depending on the size and where you buy the dog shoes.
- The Boot Is Also Great for Indoor Use To Prevent Slipping Or Scratch Marks on Hardware Floors
- Made Of 100-Percent Polyester Polar Fleece The Boot Has An Elastic Strap for Easy On/Off
- Non-Skid Pvc Sole
Pro Pet Supplies’ Arctic Fleece Boots are plain black booties that are cheap, of a decent quality, ethical, and will get the job done.
They come in extra-small, small, medium, and large. They’ll cost anywhere from $ to $$ depending on the size you need and where you buy the shoes from. That low price is one of the Arctic Fleece Boots’ top selling points.
If your pooch needs to protect her toes from the cold of winter, these might be the dog shoes for her. These are probably better suited to casual use like short walks or backyard bathroom breaks.
The booties are made of 100% polyester polar fleece, have a non-skid pvc sole, an elastic velcro strap for easy on and off, and they’re more water-resistant than waterproof.
In addition to preventing your pup’s toes from shivering, these boots work pretty well inside to keep your dog from slipping around on or scratching up hardwood floors – they can be used like your pup’s own pair of house slippers.
Reviewers also mentioned that these dog shoes were great starter booties for their dogs – cheap but still-functional trial shoes to see if their dogs would tolerate wearing booties on their paws at all (because it wouldn’t be fun to spend so much on dog shoes just to find out your dog hates them and will tear them off immediately).
5 Other Notable Dog Shoes on the Market
Pro Pet Supplies offers three basic sets of dog shoes that’ll definitely get the job done, but if you’re looking for something more specialized or colorful there are plenty more dog shoes on the market where those came from.
- Size 5: 2.7"x2.2"(L*W) for 40-55 lbs; size 6: 2.9"x2.5"(L*W) for 52-65 lbs; size 7: 3.1"x2.7"(L*W) for 63-75 lbs; size 8: 3.3"x2.9"(L*W) for 74-88 lbs).
- SECURE and ADJUSTABLE: Easy to put on / off. These dog shoes expands with a wide split seam opening and two adjustable and reflective velcro straps to ensure a tight fit, also make your dog safe at night.
- RUGGED: Tough anti-slip sole of dog boots provides stability and traction, protection from sharp thorns and hot pavement.
- QUALITY: The dog boots have a rugged sole and high quality fabrics that are then sewn together to ensure they are ready for your adventure.
- FASHIONABLE: QUMY dog boots are with cute pet paw embroidery, paws side is the outside, soft and hand washable.
Your pup won’t have to worry about playing the floor is lava outdoors with these booties on. Waterproof, anti-slip, and durable with their molded rubber bottoms, the QUMY Waterproof Dog Boots will protect your pup’s feet from hot, cold, slippery, wet, or dry conditions.
They’re an all-around good dog boot for an affordable price: $ to $$ depending on what size your dog needs. They come in sizes 4 through 8, determined by the length and width of your pup’s paw (a size 4 is 2.56’’ x 1.97’’, and a size 8 is 3.35’’ x 2.95’’).
These dog shoes are easy to put on your dog’s feet, and they have two adjustable velcro straps to keep them secure on those happy paws no matter where they run off to. Also, the straps are reflective to keep your pup safe at night.
To clean, hand wash the booties and let them air dry.
- PROTECT THEIR PAWS: The Grip Trex are high-performance boots that protect your dog's paws from extreme environments so your pup can share in the adventure.
- TACKLE ALL TERRAIN: The non-marking Vibram outsole is rugged and resilient, providing traction and flexibility on all kinds of terrain.
- GEAR UP AND GO: The hook-and-loop with hardware closure is simple yet secure. The gusset design provides a wide opening for easy on-and-off so you can spend less time gearing up and more time on the trail.
- HELPFUL FEATURES: The tightly woven upper mesh is breathable, allowing air in while keeping dirt and debris out.
- TWO PAWS, FOUR PAWS: Choose between a set of two or four boots depending on your dog's needs.
The Ruffwear Grip Trex All-Terrain Dog Shoes are a high-quality luxury dog shoe choice with a high price to match. For about $$, you’ll get everything you’ve ever wanted in a dog shoe.
They come in black obsidian, red currant, and blue spring, with sizes ranging from a paw width of 1.5’’ up to 3.5’’ (rising in increments of .25’’).
These shoes are the best choice for the dogs of frequent nature adventurers. They’re great for all types on environments your dog might step in, excelling in use with hikers and explorers. They’ll cover ground for mountaineers or for service dogs on the job.
With Vibram outsoles and a woven mesh atop the shoe for breathability, the shoes are durable without sacrificing paw comfort.
The gusset makes putting the shoes on and taking them off easy, while the hook-and-loop velcro strap system gives the booties a secure fit. They’re reflective, and you can choose between a normal 4-shoe set or a pair of two depending on your needs.
If your pup’s paws are in-between sizes, it’s recommended you go with the smaller size. Be sure to check on your dog’s paws – fit is particularly important with these, as some reviewers have reported blisters with improperly fitting shoes.
- Fleece inner lining which keeps paws warm and cozy in cold weather conditions
- Self-tightening straps provide a secure fit
- Reflective straps for nighttime visibility
- Genuine leather soles for a soft flexible fit
- Comfortable adjustable stretchy leg cuff
Muttluks Original Fleece-Lined Dog Boots come in a wide range of colors and sizes to protect your pooch’s little toes with a comfortable embrace.
They’re fairly pricey – hovering around $ to $$ depending on the size. Sizes start at the “itty bitty” 1.5’’ (think chihuahua paws), and continue through xx-small, x-small, small, medium, large, x-large, all the way up to xx-large at 5.25’’ (think great dane paws).
You can match these shoes with a pup of any style – they come in black, blue, green, orange, pink, purple, and red.
The shoes have a fleece inner lining to keep your dog’s toes warm and comfy. Reflective velcro straps and a stretchy leg cuff make sure the boots don’t fall off and keep your pup safe in the nighttime. The soles are made of leather for a flexible fit. The shoes are water-resistant and machine-washable – just be sure to treat the leather soles afterwards.
- RUGGED: Tough waterproof anti slip sole provides stability and traction, protection from sharp thorns, hot pavement and asphalt in the summer, salt and snow during the cold winter months.
- QUALITY: Our shoes have a rugged sole and high quality fabrics that are then sewn together (not glued like cheaper dog boots) to ensure they are ready for your adventure. Easy to put on / off. The shoe expands with a wide split seam opening and two adjustable and reflective fastening straps to ensure a tight and secure fit.
- SIZING: Use the size chart located in the pictures to determine the right size shoe for your dog's paws. We are also available to help you select the right size - just contact us directly and we can assist you with all of your dog boot needs.
- CONVENIENT: Water resistant shoes keep paws dry and warm. No more wiping muddy or sandy paws after the rain or snow. Helps dogs with mobility and stability on tile and hardwood floors. Also helps protect nails and paws for dogs that drag their rear paws due to arthritis.
- TESTED BY MY FAMILY. PERFECT FOR YOURS. As a small, family run, USA business your happiness is our top priority. All of our products are built so that your dog can join you everywhere - just like our two dogs do. Each purchase helps a dog in need with our "Paw for Paw" program. We look forward to seeing you in our #MyBusyDog gear!
For snow pups or old doggos who need more traction, Ultra Paws Durable Dog Boots are a great choice.
They come in red or black, and the sizes are petite, x-small, small, medium, large, and x-large (the paw widths start at 1.25’’ with petite and end with 4’’ with x-large). They’ll cost from $ to $$ depending on size.
The shoes’ soles are flexible, skid-resistant, and anti-slip. They’re easy to put on and have two velcro straps with foam padding to keep them secure on your pup’s feet.
They’re good in wet, dry, hot, or cold conditions, but aren’t ideal for extended periods of time. They’re water-resistant. If your pup is between sizes or needs their toes a bit cozier, it’s recommended you add a set of dog socks.
- All natural materials, made in the USA
- Disposable, reusable, waterproof
- Bends with paw and absolutely stays on
- Protection from ice, snow, salt, lawn chemicals and hot surfaces
- Assists with traction control and allergies
Need dog shoes on a budget? PAWZ Waterproof Dog Boots may just look like silly balloons you slip over your dog’s paws, but they’re durable and work great at keeping your pup’s paws clean and protected.
They go from xx-small to xx-large. The colors offered are black, blue, green, orange, purple, red, or yellow. You can get them 12 to a pack for $ to $$ depending on the size, color, and deals available.
The dog shoes are made of natural rubber and can be reused or disposed of. They’re 100% biodegradable.
PAWZ boots protect against ice, snow, salt, lawn chemicals, mild terrain (mulch, loose gravel), and hot surfaces. They can also help dogs with traction control and allergies.
They go on easy and don’t need any zippers or straps to secure them. They’ll stay on your dog’s toes just fine. Their minimalist style can actually help dogs adjust to wearing them – it’ll feel more natural to their paws when they walk.
Nails tear through sometimes, and they do wear out faster than the typical dog shoe, but they’re inexpensive, functional, and efficient.
Price & Rating
8 x 0.5 x 4.8 inches
14 x 2.5 x 8.2 inches
13.5 x 2 x 8 inches
6.1 x 6 x 3 inches
1.5 x 1.5 x 2.8 inches
5.2 x 5.5 x 2 inches
2 x 8.1 x 10.3 inches
3.5 x 1.5 x 8 inches
Getting excited for all the places you can go now that you’re not worried about your four-legged friend hurting their paws? Good.
Need to know where to start now that you’re on the hunt for a set of dog shoes for your own pooch? We’ve got you.
Step one is to consider what environment you need the dog shoes for. Is in constantly raining where you live? Does your hometown habitually see three feet of snow? Is your local dog-walking route all concrete sidewalks and no shade? Do you have a small dog with sensitive toes you worry about when walking on rough terrain? Do you want to go for runs with your pup along the beach where there’s both refreshing water for the toes but also scorching hot sand?
The answers to those questions will help you decide if you need general purpose dog shoes, shoes geared for specific climates, and whether or not they need to be waterproof.
Be aware that most dog shoes don’t work well with dew claws. They won’t fit properly and can be uncomfortable or cause blisters.
Some dogs will rebel fiercely at the idea of having to wear shoes. Given time to adjust, they’ll usually be fine with them. Until then, they might do the funny dog-in-shoes high-step to try and shake the boots off.