Be honest – your cat is probably treated like royalty. Or at least your cat walks around the house as if he or she is royalty.
So you might as well get your cat a castle. And by castle we mean a cat tree.
Not just any cat tree – the very best cat tree.
A cat tree is essentially just a piece of furniture upon which your cat perch and survey his or her kingdom (a.k.a. the living room). At its most basic, a cat tree is a post with a platform on top of it. But why leave it at that?
There are so many cool cat trees out there. We’ve put together a list of some of our personal favorites that are sure to please your purring pal.
In fact, you will probably be jealous that your cat’s tree is more fun than any playground equipment you had as a child. What can we say – cats just have it made.
How We Chose Our Favorite Cat Trees
A cat tree can provide so much for your cat – a place to nap, perch, play, scratch, climb, etc. You know, general cat business.
So it’s important that your cat tree is sturdy and stimulating.
That’s why construction and design were the most important factors for us when creating this list. The last thing you want is for your cat tree to break after a few months, or for your cat to take one look at it and turn around, never to acknowledge it again.
We chose cat trees that won’t tip over when your cat jumps or climbs on it, and it should be sturdy enough to hold your cat’s weight. We took a look at the materials used to make these cat trees (usually ones made with wood last longer, but some made with particle board can be surprisingly sturdy).
As for design, we wanted to choose cat tress with a variety of configurations and features. A good cat tree should serve multiple purposes for your cat, so we wanted to choose trees that provide places to both nap and play.
Also, an older cat might not want a tall tree with lots of stimulating features like a younger cat would. We chose trees that are lower with lots of cubbyholes for resting, as well as trees that provide an excellent playground for the rambunctious kitten.
Lastly, we wanted cat trees that look nice. After all, this is going to be a semi-permanent fixture in your home so it should be aesthetically pleasing.
Ultimately, we assure you that these cat trees will provide your feline friend with hours of entertainment and napping.
Our 7 All-Time Favorite Cat Trees
Here are (in our opinion) the best cat trees worthy enough to serve your regal cat.
- Elegant yet practical line of cat furniture that satisfies the daily activity needs of fussy felines
- Two cube caves with one platform
- Soft memory foam cushions
- Great spot for your cat to play or rest
- Base: 25.6 x 25.6 inches; Height 40.8 inches
Vesper cat trees are the best all-around in terms of design, construction and appearance. Vesper manages to create elegant and modern cat trees that don’t look like monstrosities in your living room, while also using cat-friendly materials.
We love this particular design because it comes in three different configurations and heights so you can pick a cat tree that best suits your feline’s lifestyle. Each version has at least one modern and sleek cubby lined with a memory foam cushion, as well as at least one platform for perfect perching (there are also cushions for the perches).
All of the posts are also covered in twine so your cat can scratch as much as his heart desires. And, there’s a dangling string toy for him to bat at.
To top it off, these cat trees have a clean and modern aesthetic. They come in multiple colors, but we love the walnut with white accents for a bright and warm addition to you and your cat’s home.
Overall, it’s quite clear that Vesper has not only your cat in mind when they make its cat trees, but also sleek, modern and inspired design.
- This modern cube cat tree serves as a cozy palace for your feline friend and a lovely asthetic feature for your home!
- Constructed from wood and plush faux fur.
- Features a sisal scratching post, a hanging ball toy, and removable beds.
- Overall height: 49"
- Base Measurement: 15.75" x 14"
The mixed materials on this cat tree are seriously (dare we say it) chic.
This cat tree has a modern, mid-century inspired design with the boxy levels and circular cutouts. Plus it provides your cat with a bunch of different textures to play with including rope-wrapped metal posts for scratching and fluffy, faux fur mats for ultimate napping.
The mats are removable too, so if you don’t like the faux fur you can change out the mats to match your home’s current interior design. Most importantly, cats of all ages and jumping abilities will love this cat tree. And it has a cute little pom-pom toy!
All in all, this cat tree is great for napping, perching, playing and sitting there looking cute. It’s a cat tree definitely worthy of your favorite feline.
- CAT TOWER DIMENSIONS: Height:60" Base: 30"x23" Bowls: 5" Diameter
- MODERN CAT TOWER: Stylish design with your cat in mind! Bringing together a cat climbing tree and an exotic piece of furniture that will blend in perfectly with your home!
- Great For Climbing & Feeding: 4 carpeted platforms make it easy for your cat to climb to the top and a built in food bowl platform in the base for convenient feeding!
- UNSTAINED: The beauty of this modern cat tree is that you can customize it! There is no finish so you can paint, stain, or use it the way it is!
- TREAT YOUR CAT: Get your cat more active and make them happy with the FrontPet Apex Modern Cat Tree Tower!
This FrontPet cat tree is super unique with its natural-wood-meets-“The Jetsons” vibe.
It’s seriously modern and will fit in with all of your Ikea furniture. It comes unstained, so you can easily customize it to match your home’s color scheme.
Your cat will love all of the different levels for perching and climbing. The platforms are also all carpet covered for soft comfort. As an added bonus, there is a built in food and water dish at the base.
There is a downside to this cat tree, however. It truly is made for climbers, so it’s not going to be a good option for older cats. Plus it doesn’t have any cubbies for your kitty to curl up in. Nor does it have any toys attached, but you could probably easily find ways to add your cat’s favorite toys.
That being said, it’s a sturdy cat tree that rates highly among cat owners. If you’ve got a spry and athletic cat, we’d say this is the cat tree for you.
- The PetPals Group cat condo is purr-fact for any type of FELINE
- This stylish eco Friendly condo is made of a durable black and White recycled paper rope
- Your cat can either Lounge up Top or down low
- Satisfy their need to scratch on the dual scratching posts
- Or play with the feather teasing toys
For a fun and kind of funky cat tree, we recommend the PetPals Ace Cat condo.
This cat tree is eco friendly and made with black and white recycled paper rope. The cubby and the topmost perch are woven with this paper and it reminds us of the graphic, grass baskets you might pick up on a trip in Western Africa.
The posts are also wrapped in rope for ideal scratching, and there are three different levels upon which your cat can nap and play. This cat tree is perfect for cats both old and young since it has the low-level cubby and the high-up perches. But, it’s not so tall that a small kitten could fall off and hurt itself.
The platforms are covered in a felt-like fabric that doesn’t shed like some carpet covered cat trees do.
In short, this cat tree is cute, durable and satisfying for all cats.
- 🐱 Size: 20"L x 20"W x 33"H
- 🐱 SOLID WOOD POLES GUARANTEE STURDINESS & STABILITY: Our cat condos are made here in the USA with solid wood (NOT carfboard) poles and large base that prevents tipping over. It is perfect for running, jumping and climbing, and you do not have to worry about falling apart like some other towers as well.
- 🐱 THICK and SOFT HOUSEHOLD CARPETING & NATURAL UNOILED SISAL ROPE: Both carpet and sisal rope are attached by staples which eliminate the use of toxic glue.
- 🐱 SHIPS FULLY ASSEMBLED: Just take it out of the box, put it in the corner or where your pet favorite spot is and your cat will think her dreams has come true.
- 🐱 FIVE COLORS AVAILABLE: This cat condo comes in Brown, but we can make it in Beige, Blue, Gray and Green as well. Check the other colors here: https://www.amazon.com/shops/cozycatfurniture . CARPET COLOR SHADES and TEXTURES MAY VARY DEPENDING on CARPET AVAILABILITY.
If you have an old kitty who has some creaky joints and moving much slower than usual, then this cat tree will be absolutely perfect. It’s low-key, small and great for naps.
This cat tree is entirely covered in carpet, so it’s perhaps not the most modern or sleek, but it will be very comfortable for your beloved cat. The cubbyhole is on the lowest level for easy napping, but it also has two upper platforms for minor climbing.
There is also a scratching post and a little feather to casually bat at. It tucks nicely into a corner so it’s out of the way, which is nice since it’s not the most aesthetically pleasing.
It is also very sturdy (it’s made with solid wood poles) and comes in multiple carpet shades. It’s a practical investment, especially for your older cat.
- EXCLUSIVE LUXURY FOR CATS: Your feline friends need a cozy home of their own to play, take a nap or jump around; this cat house is sure to be their dream-come-true
- COSY TO LOUNGE & EASY TO CLEAN: PP cotton filler all over the top perch and the bottom of condo ensures prime napping experience; cover of top perch is detachable and washable, making daily care a breeze
- COMFY & BREEZY SUMMERTIME: Breathable and cool-feeling linenette surface is the ideal choice to keep your feline friend happy and healthy during hot summer days
- BLENDS INTO ALL HOME STYLES: Minimalist design and classic color combination effortlessly fits in all kinds of home décor; makes a perfect cat house while taking up little space
- NOT SATISFIED YET? FEANDREA provides you with professional customer service both before and after your purchase; don't wait any longer, add this to your home today!
We love this cat tree for it’s super cozy, Scandinavian feel. The imitation linen covering makes this cat tree seem like you’re immersing your cat in a Hygge lifestyle.
It has a cozy cubby and a cushioned perch up top that is perfect for napping (and the cushion is removable for easy cleaning). There are also tons scratching posts on this cat tree, three levels for climbing and a little pom-pom toy.
This cat tree is minimalist and the colors are neutral so they fit in with any home. And it doesn’t take up very much space!
It is made out of particleboard, but it’s high density and should still last a long time.
- Brown Berber carpet attached with Velcro
- Sisal pad is perfect for scratching
- Soft cushions with washable faux suede covers above and inside hide-a-way cubby
- Assembly required; tools are included
- 69 inch tall x 20 inch wide x 20 inch deep
Have you ever wanted a sculpture in your living room?
Well this cat tree comes pretty close to that.
Seriously, it looks more like an abstract expressionist sculpture than a cat tree. But we promise that your cat can climb all over this construction.
Like others on this list, the Lotus Cat Tower has a cushion-lined cubby with faux-suede lined covers. The different platforms are covered with removable Berber carpets (they attach with Velcro so you can easily take them off to wash them). And, the topmost platform is curved like a cradle so your kitty can nap comfortably for hours on end.
This one also has a carpet panel on the side so your cat can stretch up on its hind legs and get that urge to claw something out of his system (no scratching posts on this one though, sorry).
Of course, the design on this one is quite abstract and would be an eye-catcher in your home. It comes in two different wood tones and is very well constructed. However, the design doesn’t lend for much versatility in terms of cat activity. It can nap up top and in the cubby, and jump around on the platforms, but it doesn’t really make you think of playing (Plus, it’s quite pricey.)
Nevertheless, this cat tree is really nice for an artsy home and probably would make your cat a happy camper.
Price & Rating
30.5 x 19 x 8 inches
15.75" x 14"
Height:60” Base: 30”x23” Bowls: 5” Diameter
L: 27 x D: 19 x H: 49 inch.
20"L x 20"W x 33"H
Five Colors Available: Beige, Brown, Blue, Gray and Green
21.7"W x17.7" D x 53.5"H(55 x 45 x 136 cm )
20 x 20 x 69 inches
A cat tree is such a great addition to you kitty cat’s life.
I mean, they love climbing, playing and sleeping in compact and cozy spaces, so what better way to satisfy all of those needs than a cat tree?
As we mentioned earlier, you cat tree should have sturdy construction so it can hold your cat’s weight and won’t fall over or something when your cat leaps atop it. That’s why we suggest wood construction, but you can find some sturdy cat trees made with composite materials.
Now you want your cat tree to be sturdy and durable, but keep in mind that your cat is going to wreak some havoc on it. That’s just what cats like to do – and better they claw up the cat tree than your couch, right?
So yes, you want a durable cat tree. But if the carpet and scratching posts on your cat tree are shredded after a few months (especially if you have a wild little kitten) don’t be too surprised or disappointed. Which is why we don’t suggest you spend more than $150 on your cat tree.
We know your cat deserves the best, but it would be silly to spend $300 on a cat tree only to have your pet rip it to pieces in less than a year. We also therefore suggest you try to find one that has removable cushions and fabric components. That way, if these parts do get destroyed, you can easily replace them without having to replace the entire cat tree.
Of course, if other parts of the cat tree get pretty beaten up, but the overall construction is still intact, you can totally get creative and do some DIY fixes on your cat tree!
But most importantly, your cat tree should suit your cat’s personality and lifestyle. A good cat tree should serve a cat’s basic needs – namely playing, sleeping, and scratching. And while we adore the cat trees on this list, you know your cat best and should pick whichever tree is perfect for him or her.
Just like you, all we want is for our favorite felines to be happy!